Monday, August 18, 2008

Letters


Mr. Louis let me start by thanking you on a great article and keeping the heat on the Mayor! I can't believe that they're trying to put more homeless people in the armory. The place is horrifying--I live not too far from it and the amount of drug dealing and crime in and around the place is way more than you mentioned! I know guys who exclusively sell drugs to all those homeless cats...As a matter of fact some people travel from other parts of Brooklyn just to sell drugs right on Atlantic Ave...a lot of the men in that place are there to take advantge of the lack of authority there. A childhood friend of mine, who is a career criminal, shared a lot of his experiences with me while he was staying there and said the armory is a launch pad for killers, rapists, and thieves who commit crimes and come back at night for shelter. I'm afraid if Bloomberg gets his way then Crown Heights will be the New East New York of the 80's...My mom is fed up with all the loitering and is tired of calling the cops about weird and shady people in our neighborhood...Please let us know where any protests will be! Thanks.


-Manny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe they should move it to the West Village ... yeah, that's the ticket

Anonymous said...

Recently I was driving by the shelter there and a baboon jumped in front of my car, pooped in his hands and chucked it at my windshield... I was so scared.